Malvern Elementary School
Malvern Elementary School's mission is to offer a safe, caring place with a staff that considers what is best for all students academically, socially and emotionally so that they may become lifelong learners and excellent citizens.
- Vision Statement -
As a community, we want Malvern Elementary School to be recognized as a school of academic excellence, community service and social responsibility.
Common Core Curriculum 2014
Basic Facts About Common Core
- State driven initiative that is focusing on developing a common set of content standards. This means that students who transfer from building to building, district to district or state to state will not experience gaps in their learning or duplication of learning.
- Each state has the ability to adjust the standards to fit the needs of the state. This means, for example, that Ohio can add standards that address the teaching of Ohio History
- The emphasis is on rigorous teaching - challenging all students in their learning. This fits well with Malvern Elementary School focus on providing a challenging learning environment where all students, no matter what their ability level,have the opportunity to grow as learners every year.
- Content will be taught to a greater depth. This means students will have a chance to build a solid foundation of skills across all content areas and then be able to apply these skills to new problems or real world scenarios.
- Focus on Reading and Writing in the Content Area. This means that students will need to be able to read a variety of non-fiction materials. They will also be able to use these materials to research, create their own ideas, analyze information and write and communicate effectively in the content area.
Focus on Career and College Readiness. This means that students need to be exposed to real world tasks that allow them to apply what they have learned in new contexts. Students need to be prepared to problem solve, collaborate, communicate, research and create in an ever changing world.
Links to Academic Information...
Parents must bring the following papers to enroll Students: Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, Immunization record, 2 forms of proof of residency, Driver’s License for Picture I.D., and Custody papers, if applicable. Thank you for your help in advance.
Students should be dropped off behind the school, no earlier than 8:10. It is not necessary to park your vehicle, as the first two rows of parking are reserved for teachers. Parents are NOT permitted to come in to the building in the AM or the PM without a pass which can be obtained in the Elementary office.
Bus riders will be dismissed first again this year.
Car Rider Pick-up: Parent, Grandparents, and Guardians will need a window display card for inside their cars in order to pick up a child. Cars will no longer need to park, they will line up next to the fence and students will be called by display card to the vehicle. This will make it safer and speed up dismissal. Adults will attend to the students until they are picked up. Stop in the Elementary office for more information or to get your display card.